Visual Studio "14" CTPs
Visual Studio "14" Community Technology Previews (CTPs) are early, prerelease versions of the next major release of Visual Studio. CTPs provide early adopters with an opportunity to try out the new and improved product features, and the ability to share feedback with the product team.
CTPs are provided for testing and feedback purposes only. CTPs are unsupported, English-only releases. They are not subject to final validation and are not intended for use on production computers, or to create production code.
Installing a CTP release will place a computer in an unsupported state. For that reason, we recommend only installing CTP releases in a virtual machine, or on a computer that is available for reformatting.
Side-by-side installation with earlier releases of Visual Studio is a goal for Visual Studio "14"; however, you should refrain from installing Visual Studio "14" CTP 1 on the same computer as an earlier release of Visual Studio.
Azure Virtual Machine
Alternatively, you can also use Visual Studio "14" CTP releases in a pre-built Azure virtual machine. For more information, see Visual Studio “14” CTP now available in the Virtual Machine Azure Gallery.
- Visual Studio "14" CTP Release Notes (KB 2967191) - This article lists the technology improvements and known issues for all Microsoft Visual Studio "14" Community Technology Previews (CTPs).
Sharing your experience
- Bugs- To report a bug that you find, review the Visual Studio "14" CTP Release Notes (KB 2967191) for known issues, and then please use Microsoft Connect to report any new issues you discover.
- Suggestions- To share ideas or suggestions you have, please use UserVoice.
- Feedback- To give simple feedback, near the right side of the title bar in Visual Studio, choose the speech-bubble icon (), and then choose either Send a Smile or Send a Frown.
|Release||Release date||Version||Installation links|
|CTP 3||18 August 2014||14.0.22013.1.DP|
- File Checksum Integrity Verifier - The Microsoft File Checksum Integrity Verifier tool is an unsupported command line utility that computes SHA1 cryptographic hashes for files.