How to Buy Release Management for Visual Studio 2013
Release Management for Visual Studio 2013
Different pieces of software work together across multiple computers to enable Release Management for Visual Studio 2013.
- Release Management Client for Visual Studio 2013
- Release Management Server for Team Foundation Server 2013
- Microsoft Deployment Agent (licensed separately for each target server)
For more information, see Release Management.
Release Management Licensing
To use the Release Management solution in Visual Studio 2013, you must acquire licenses for the following:
- Each person using the Release Management Client for Visual Studio 2013 for creating, updating, or deleting a release pipeline sequence must be licensed for either Visual Studio Ultimate with MSDN, Visual Studio Premium with MSDN, Visual Studio Test Professional with MSDN, or MSDN Platforms.
- Each person triggering the release pipeline sequence must be licensed with a Team Foundation Server CAL. However, a Team Foundation Server CAL is not required to approve stages or to sign off on a release.
- Each node or endpoint to which an application is being deployed must be licensed with one of these two Visual Studio Deployment offerings:
- Visual Studio Deployment Standard 2013
- Visual Studio Deployment Datacenter 2013
Licensing Models and Pricing
|Edition||Ideal for...||Licensing Model||Pricing Open NL (US$)|
|Visual Studio Deployment Standard 2013 1||Low density or non-virtualized environments||Processor-based license with each license covering two physical processors and up to two endpoints (virtual machines) per license on either private or public cloud||$620 2|
|Visual Studio Deployment Datacenter 2013||Highly virtualized private and hybrid cloud environments||Processor-based license with each license covering two physical processors and an unlimited number of endpoints (virtual machines) per license on private cloud or up to eight virtual machines per license on public cloud||$4322 2|
- Visual Studio Ultimate with MSDN subscribers receive a complimentary grant of one license of Visual Studio Deployment Standard 2013.
- Pricing represents Open No Level (NL) ERP. For your specific pricing, contact your Microsoft reseller. Note that up to 45% discount might be available based on your specific Volume Licensing Program.
For more information, see Visual Studio and MSDN Licensing Guide.