Software and Services
Access thousands of Microsoft products
MSDN subscriptions bring you the most complete library of Microsoft products and services to use for design, development, and testing. Subscribers receive access to past, present, and future software, including the latest release of Visual Studio. Simple per-user licensing enables you to install and use the software as much as you need in your development projects. And cloud-use rights give you increased flexibility to set up your environments the way you want.
Manage the application lifecycle on premises or in the cloud
Improve agility and team collaboration with Visual Studio Online, an end-to-end, cloud-based ALM solution accessible from virtually anywhere. From version control and code reviews to agile planning and automated builds, Visual Studio Online can help you meet challenging deadlines and improve software quality. For teams that need finer-grained control over their processes or want to use existing on-premises infrastructure, Team Foundation Server and a TFS CAL is included with your MSDN subscription.
Develop and test faster with Windows Azure
Windows Azure enables you to develop and test applications faster, at reduced cost, and with the flexibility to deploy in the cloud or on-premises. As an MSDN subscriber, you receive a monthly credit to use for any Windows Azure service for development and test, plus discounted rates and access to pre-configured virtual machines. Rapidly provision cloud resources to build scalable cloud applications, test existing applications in virtual machines, or create hybrid applications that span on-premises and cloud infrastructure.
Get developer accounts for the latest Microsoft platformsWindows, Windows Phone, and Office are more developer-friendly than ever. MSDN subscriptions give you the access you need to create and sell modern applications for the most popular Microsoft platforms, including developer accounts for Windows and Windows Phone Stores. And with your Office 365 Developer Subscription, you also get an Office 365 Developer Site to use as a development and testing environment for Office and SharePoint apps, including the ability to publish and profit from your apps in the Office Store.
Support and Learning
Overcome development challenges with Professional Technical Support
MSDN subscriptions provide up to four Microsoft professional technical support incident requests that you can use for assistance with technical break-fix issues in non-production environments so you can keep your application moving forward.
Get answers in MSDN forums with priority support
The MSDN forums are highly active, technology-specific communities of expert developers just like you—they’re a go-to source for tips, techniques, and answers to all your technical questions. As an MSDN subscriber, if you don't get an answer from the community in select MSDN forums, Microsoft engineers will respond within two business days.
Sharpen your skills with Microsoft E-Learning
Learn a new technology, take your skills to the next level, or prepare to get certified as an expert in your field. MSDN subscriptions include access to Microsoft E-Learning courses so you can stretch your training budget and stay relevant.
Keep up to date with the latest trends and resources
MSDN Magazine delivers in-depth tutorials on subjects ranging from creating modern apps to improving debugging processes. Code samples and expert guidance accelerate your learning and help you create better software and services.
Maximize the value of MSDN with Online Chat
Not sure where to find that Knowledge Base article? Need help with MSDN Subscriber Downloads? MSDN Online Chat is there for MSDN subscribers 24/7 to help you get answers to non-technical questions about how to use your MSDN benefits.
Compare Subscriptions Benefits
|MSDN Operating Systems
|Visual Studio Professional with MSDN
|Visual Studio Test Professional with MSDN
|Visual Studio Premium with MSDN
|Visual Studio Ultimate with MSDN
|Software and services for production use|
|Primary development/testing tools||Visual Studio Professional||Visual Studio Test Professional||Visual Studio Premium||Visual Studio Ultimate|
|Team Foundation Server 2013 and one Client Access License 1|
|Visual Studio Online services 2|
|Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013|
|Software and services for development and testing 2|
|Windows, Windows Server|
|Microsoft SQL Server|
|All other servers|
|Toolkits, Software Development Kits, Driver Development Kits|
|Additional benefits 4|
|Technical support incidents||2||2||2||2||4||4|
|Office 365 Developer Subscription|
|Windows Store developer account|
|Windows Phone developer account|
|Priority support in MSDN Forums|
|Microsoft E-Learning course collections||1||2||1||1||2||2|
|MSDN Flash newsletter|
|MSDN Online Chat|
|Special Offers from Microsoft and partners|
- What are the licensing restrictions that come with my MSDN subscription? See our Software Use Rights.
- Need information on MCT Developer Software and Services and MCT Software and Services subscriptions, including benefits and use rights? See the Microsoft Certified Trainer website.
- Need more specifics on which products are included? Download the full list of products available by subscription level.
- Compare MSDN (for development/testing) and TechNet (for evaluation) subscriptions.
- Team Foundation Server capabilities vary by subscription level. Learn more
- Visual Studio Online capabilities vary by subscription level. Learn moreVisual Studio Online is not included in DreamSpark or WebsiteSpark subscriptions.
- Includes some cloud use rights - consult the Visual Studio and MSDN licensing white paper for additional details.
- Benefits not available in all languages; availability may vary by geography. Office 365 Developer Account, Windows Store and Windows Phone not included for MPN, DreamSpark, WebsiteSpark, and Not for Resale (NFR) subscriptions. MSDN subscriptions provided by the Microsoft Partner Network (MPN) do not include technical support incidents, priority support in MSDN Forums, or MSDN Online Chat as similar services are provided through MPN. Not for Resale (NFR) subscriptions do not include technical support incidents, the printed MSDN Magazine, or production use of Microsoft Office products. BizSpark subscribers get 4 technical support incidents per company, provisioned to the administrator.