DevOps solution for delivering your software easily and more frequently
- Automate your deployments
- Automate approval workflows
- Retain full traceability
- Apply security policies and manage users
- Easily deploy to on-premises and Azure
- Extend Release Management with customizations
Automate your deployments
Set up continuous deployment
- Faster time to market – respond with greater agility to customer feedback.
- Create the release pipeline that describes the promotion path through your environments.
- Automatically trigger releases upon completion of builds.
- Deploy regularly through test, internal, and production environments using managed workflows.
- Deploy to multiple platforms.
Define approval workflows
Use manual or automated gates
- Enable sign-offs for deployments using pre or post deployment approvals.
- Get notifications when a specific approval is due.
- Pause the deployment process for manual steps or validation.
- Improve collaboration and visibility between teams.
Retain full traceability
Permanent audit trails
- Monitor the current status of the releases and deployments to all the environments.
- Track the status of recent deployments in each of the environments.
- Retain detailed audit history of all the activities performed on a release.
- See the commits and work items that are associated with each release.
Manage release security
Control who can release
- Avoid intrusions or accidental deployments by effectively managing the security of a pipeline.
- Selectively restrict who can view or manage release entities.
- Assign roles and responsibilities to the appropriate groups for releases, definitions and release artifacts.
Deploy to on-premises and Azure
Seamlessly manage Azure environments
- Deploy to on-premises or Azure environments.
- Test on Azure and release to production on-premises.
- Import and manage your Azure environments from within TFS.
- Manage passwords and security centrally for Azure environments.
Extend and customize
Create your own workflows
- Use custom PowerShell scripts for deployment.
- Deploy artifacts from TFS and Visual Studio Team Services builds.
- Connect and deploy to your favorite deployment service through service endpoints.
- Deploy Java builds from Jenkins.
- Easily extend built-in deployment tasks or write new deployment tasks by using extensions.