Extend and integrate
Build on top of the Visual Studio Online open platform
- REST APIs so you integrate from any platform or technology
- Web UI extensibility for immersive and tailored experiences
- Service hooks to enable robust and fast integrations between services
- Common APIs and manifest between cloud and on-premises
Lightweight and easy to work with
Extend the power of Visual Studio Online from your apps and services with industry-standard RESTful APIs. Integrate from virtually any device, platform, or technology stack, including Windows, Android, iOS, Node.js, and more.
Immersive web extensibility
Extensions enable you to create first-class integration experiences just the way you have always wanted. An extension can be a simple context menu or toolbar action or can be a complex and powerful full UI experience that seamlessly lights up within the VSO web/service experience. View our samples to learn more.
* This feature is currently in Private Preview
Modern push notifications
Enable new integration scenarios between your application and Visual Studio Online by subscribing for events instead of constantly polling for them. Service hooks also provides rich event payloads so you can relate artifacts seamlessly.
Amplify your business
The Visual Studio Partner Program enables you to maximize your commercial success by providing you with extensive technical resources, previews of upcoming technologies, and a broad marketing reach.
Get your own playground and more
- Install and test your own extensions
- Unlimited team projects and private code repos
- FREE work item tracking for all users
- FREE 60 minutes/month of build
- FREE 20K virtual user minutes/month of load testing
New and noteworthy
Visual Studio Online is always getting better. New updates are available every three weeks. See what’s new and what’s in store
Learn and do
What is Visual Studio Online?
Cloud services for development teams to collaborate and manage software projects.