Release Date: March, 14, 2017
Today, we are happy to announce the availability of the Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2015 Update 4 RC. This is an update for Team Foundation Server 2015 and includes bugs fixes since Team Foundation Server 2015 Update 3. This is a go-live release and can be installed in a production environment.
Download: Team Foundation Server Update 4 RC
To learn more about other related downloads, see the Downloads page.
What's New ?
- Agile Bug Fixes
- Version Control Bug Fixes
- Build Bug Fixes
- Release Management Bug Fixes
- Testing Bug Fixes
- Administration Bug Fixes
- Marketplace Changes
- The @Today and @Me macros do not work correctly in non-English in the Kanban board card style rules.
- The inline add card experience on the Kanban board does not work correctly. For example, the Title field cannot be edited.
- If a user switches between two work items of the same type on the queries page before the HTML fields finish loading, the HTML field may become empty and the work item will become dirty.
- The Batch API, such as WorkItemStore.GetWorkItemIdsForArtifactUris(), may return incorrect results when called with many strings.
- When a customer has rules in the global workflow and tries to move them to a work item type definition, there will be an error, "TF237090: Does not exist or access is denied".
- If a TFS instance has a collection with a space in the name and has a public URL that is different from the internal URL, inline images may be missing in work items when opened by another user.
- Work item tracking warehouse sync fails with a name conflict when field names only differ by a space replacing a "." or "_" (i.e. "My Field" and "My_Field").
- Work item tracking warehouse sync fails when a work item has a link comment that contains special characters, such as 0x0B.
- Destroying a very large team project or a very large TFVC source tree will time out and rollback.
- Renaming branch objects across projects may lose the parent relationships.
- The first check-in after configuring a Gated Check-in trigger for a build definition fails.
- The error, "An item with the same key has already been added", is shown while loading build tasks or queuing builds.
- The Windows build agent cannot build from Subversion repositories when running on 32-bit Windows.
- Build tasks are not getting updated when the extension is updated.
- In a release environment, if the All users in sequential order option is chosen and the approver order is changed, the definition is not marked dirty and cannot be saved.
- Users are unable to deploy a standalone test agent.
- When selecting a test plan, the source filter is null.
- When you mark a test case as paused then save and close the test runner, you cannot continue the test case when you return to the test.
- The admin console (TfsMgmt) may crash during an upgrade.
- Code reviewers in non-English versions of TFS do not get an email when added to code reviews.
- The upgrade to TFS 2015 may fail with duplicate workspace names if an orphaned user has a workspace with same name as valid user.
- In previous releases, customers using SSL offloading needed to add the X-Forwarded-Proto header on their load balancer. With this update, they can simply configure the public URL in TFSMgmt.exe to generate https:// URLs.
- The Jenkins Service Hook was incompatible with newer versions of Jenkins because of a new authentication pattern. With this release, newer versions of Jenkins are compatible.
- Installations of MS.TFS.Server are now supported.