In this article, you will find information regarding the releases for Visual Studio 2015.
Download Visual Studio 2015
To download Visual Studio 2015, follow these steps:
- Click on the Download Visual Studio 2015 button.
The download screen displays a banner asking if you have tried the latest Visual Studio 2017 version. If you still wish to download a previous version, scroll past the banner until you see the message <img src="media/OlderVersionCaption-4.png"alt="Download older version text"> (Figure 1).
(Figure 1) Intro banner on older version download page.
Find the version year you want and click on the + sign opposite your selected year to expand your selection (Figure 2).
(Figure 2) Expand version year.
Click on the download button (Figure 3).
(Figure 3) Download selected version year.
On the next screen, check the desired product family. Click the download button for each product you wish to download in that family (Figure 4).
(Figure 4) Select product family and product to download.
Release Notes for all versions of Visual Studio 2015
Visual Studio 2015 RTM released on July 20, 2015. The RTM page contains the RTM release notes.
- Visit the Update 3 page for the Update 3 release notes.
- Visit the Update 2 page for the Update 2 release notes.
- Visit the Update 1 page for the Update 1 release notes.
Visual Studio 2015 Product Information
- The Distributable Code page contains the distributable code for all Visual Studio 2015 releases.
- The Platform Compatibility page contains the platform conpatibility information for all Visual Studio 2015 releases.
- The SHA-1 Values page contains the SHA-1 values for all Visual Studio 2015 releases.
- The System Requirements page contains the system requriements for all Visual Studio 2015 releases.