Visual Studio Online Pricing
People using work items
Add as many stakeholders as you want to your Visual Studio Online account—they can add and edit work items and bugs, plus can view your dashboards, backlog, and Kanban boards. Free.
Add as many active MSDN subscribers as you want to your Visual Studio Online account, also for free. It’s pretty sweet having MSDN.
The rest of your team is charged per user, see the pricing below.
Pricing for the rest of your team*
|Number of users:||5||10||20||50||100||200||1000||Calculate pricing|
|Total monthly cost:||FREE||$30||$110||$350||$750||$1,150||$4,350|
The quantities shown above are examples, you can choose any number of users and you’ll only pay just for that number. Here is how we calculate pricing:
First 5 users: FREE
Users 6 through 10: $6 each
Users 11 through 100: $8 each
Users 101 through 1000: $4 each
Users 1001 and above: $2 each
Special promotional pricing for Enterprise Agreement customers: first 5 users FREE, then all additional users are $4 each.
All of your team members (OK, all except your free stakeholders) can use these “Basic” features in your Visual Studio Online account:
- Version control with unlimited private code repositories
- Agile tools
- Tools for Java teams
- Continuous integration
- Web-based test execution
Need more info? Check out our detailed feature matrix.
We also offer two other options, if you need additional capabilities for specific team members:
- Professional: provides all the features above (“Basic”), plus a monthly license for Visual Studio Professional 2015 for $45 per user per month.
- Advanced: provides all the features above (“Basic”), plus Test Management capabilities and a monthly license for Visual Studio Test Professional 2015 for $60 per user per month.
Team Foundation Server CAL included
A Team Foundation Server 2015 user CAL (client access license) is granted for all purchases of Visual Studio Online Basic, Professional, and Advanced—meaning that for each month you pay for these users in Visual Studio Online, they can also access your local Team Foundation Server! This enables you to purchase Basic access to Team Foundation Server for your team on a month-to-month basis, rather than purchasing CALs for 2 or 3 years at a time.
MSDN subscribers, including those offered via the Microsoft Partner Network and the Microsoft BizSpark program for startups, have feature access to your Visual Studio Online account at either the Basic or Advanced level:
- Basic: Visual Studio Professional with MSDN
- Advanced: Visual Studio Enterprise with MSDN, MSDN Platforms, and Visual Studio Test Professional with MSDN
* Prices are for users with Visual Studio Online Basic and are shown in US dollars, please consult the Azure pricing calculator for local prices.
Team add-ons (pay per use)
Run your builds on the cloud using our infrasructure
First 60 minutes per month free
$.05 per minute for 61-1200 minutes (20 hours)
$.01 per minute for uage above 1200 minutes per month
Load test your code by simulating high traffic
First 20,000 virtual user minutes (VUM) per month free
$.0004 per VUM for 20,001-2M VUM
$.0002 per VUM for 2,000,001-10M VUM
$.0001 per VUM for usage above 10M VUM per month