Administrator – Signing In with a Personal AccountMicrosoft Support KB - Coming Soon
A brief video
has been published to channel 9 to help explain onboarding, and Administrator Management
Please Note: The Visual Studio subscriptions team is working to keep information flowing through the "Subscriptions-Administration
" page. A full version of the FAQ can also be downloaded here
. We are working on new content, and those artifacts will be available soon.
Using a Microsoft Account (MSA), or "Personal account", has been the standard way to access and manage subscriptions in the Volume Licensing Service Center. Maintaining access is simple, and will only require your Super Administrator to provide access.
Work or school account:
Likely created by your IT department for business use
Also known as a Microsoft Account (MSA), this may have been an email address you created (e.g. outlook.com, hotmail.com, yahoo.com)
In some cases, your account could be both a Work or school account and a personal account. This happens with a business address passes through the Microsoft Account process. Some systems, like the Volume Licensing Service Center and MSDN, require a Personal Account type to log in. If you believe you've taken the steps to sign in, but are having trouble, select the "Personal account" option to sign in.
For an Administrator to use the "Personal account" sign-in option on the new portal, a few steps must be taken:
- The Administrator's "Sign In" address must be added to the "Administrator's Group"
- Once added to the "Administrators Group", the new Administrator will receive a Welcome Email
- Following the steps in the Welcome Email, or going to https://manage.visualstudio.com will start the sign in process
- During the sign in process, the Administrator may see a couple identity options presented
- The Administrator should select the "Personal account" option
- The "Personal account" option will redirect the Administrator to the Personal Account sign-in page where a password can be entered
- Upon successful authentication, the Administrator should now be able to manage subscribers in the new portal
- The Administrator should be using their business email or directory address
- The Administrator's address does not exist in the directory (common for companies that are currently migrating)
Our Volume Licensing team members will be able to assist you by clicking here
Alternatively, please use the "Contact Us" menu below:
- Click "Account, Subscription and Billing Support"
- From the available "Category" choose "Manage subscriptions for my team"
- From the available "Category" choose "Visual Studio Subscription (formerly MSDN) - For Your Company"
- Click "Assisted Support"
- You will be directed to the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC) help page