Software, services, support, training – access the full richness of Microsoft development tools, including the latest Visual Studio IDE, with a Visual Studio with MSDN or Visual Studio annual subscription. As a subscriber, you get a wide range of resources to help you create, deploy, and manage great applications targeting your preferred platforms and devices, including first-class tooling for Windows, iOS, Android, and Linux. With access to a huge library of current and past Microsoft software, plus Azure credits and Visual Studio Team Services, you have everything you need to support the entire development process on your terms.
Subscribe to the pricing, time commitment and benefits that work for you:
- Visual Studio standard subscription: Includes perpetual use rights for the Visual Studio IDE and a subscription to comprehensive benefits that help you manage the development process end-to-end. Visual Studio with MSDN is available through the Microsoft Store and Microsoft volume license resellers.
- Visual Studio cloud subscription: Gain the flexibility to choose the duration of your Visual Studio IDE license, plus access to comprehensive benefits when you select an annual commitment. Visual Studio subscriptions are available through the Visual Studio Marketplace.
The following benefits are available depending on the subscription you choose.
Purchase a subscription today and get access to the latest resources for the Microsoft platforms.
Software and services
Access thousands of Microsoft products
Subscriptions include the most comprehensive library of Microsoft software with access to past, present, and future software. Simple per-user licensing enables you to install and use the software as much as you need for your development projects. And cloud-use rights give you increased flexibility to set up your environments the way you want.
Manage the application lifecycle on premises or in the cloud
Improve agility and team collaboration with Visual Studio Team Services - share code, track work, and ship software - for any language, all in a single package. It’s the perfect complement to your IDE. For teams that want to use existing on-premises infrastructure, Team Foundation Server and a TFS CAL is included with your subscription.
Develop and test faster with Microsoft Azure
Microsoft Azure enables you to develop and test applications faster, at reduced cost, and with the flexibility to deploy in the cloud or on-premises. As an subscriber, you receive up to $150 per month to use on Azure services, plus discounted development and test rates, and exclusive access to a subscriber only image gallery with preconfigured virtual machines.
Additional tools and services
Your subscription includes many other useful services and tools, including an Office 365 Developer Subscription for creating SharePoint and Office add-in’s, Power BI Pro for transforming your data, and a Windows developer account for posting your apps in the Windows Store.
Learning and support
Sharpen your skills with Pluralsight training
Take your skills to the next level with Pluralsight training, the world's largest tech training library. Subscribers receive access to select courses, plus offline viewing through mobile players, course assessments, downloadable course exercise files and course discussion forums.
Overcome development challenges with Professional Technical Support
Keep your project moving forward with Microsoft professional technical support incidents. As a subscriber, you’ll get expert help with technical break-fix issues in non-production environments.
Get answers in Microsoft forums with priority support
Microsoft forums are highly active, technology-specific communities of expert developers just like you—they’re a go-to source for tips, techniques, and answers to all your technical questions. As an subscriber, Microsoft engineers will respond to your inquiry in select forums if an answer hasn’t already been provided from the community.
Keep up to date with the latest trends and resources
MSDN Magazine delivers in-depth tutorials on subjects ranging from creating modern apps to improving debugging processes. Code samples and expert guidance accelerate your learning and help you create better software and services.
Compare subscription benefits
More information on Visual Studio IDE features and monthly plans is available on the Visual Studio feature matrix.
|Expand all||Visual Studio Professional with MSDN
and Visual Studio Professional - annual
|Visual Studio Enterprise with MSDN
and Visual Studio Enterprise - annual
|Visual Studio Test Professional with MSDN||MSDN Platforms|
|Visual Studio Dev Essentials||Free for all developers 1|
|Software for development and test|
- To access free benefits, join Visual Studio Dev Essentials.
- Visual Studio with MSDN includes perpetual use rights of Visual Studio.
- No usage restrictions for Visual Studio Professional subscribers. Enterprise features available for Visual Studio Enterprise subscribers.
- 25% Xamarin Test Cloud discount for Visual Studio Enterprise subscribers.
- Includes some cloud use rights - consult the Visual Studio and MSDN licensing white paper for additional details. Subscribers in China receive China-specific Windows Azure benefits – consult the offer details for more information.
- Available through 8/11/2016. Includes a 6-month subscription, including upgrades and community support.
- Activate before 11/18/2016 . Pluralsight subscription is good for 12 months from activation.
- Visual Studio Professional and Enterprise subscribers are able to access additional on-demand Xamarin University classes and materials beyond those included with the Dev Essentials program.
- Online chat is available with Visual Studio with MSDN subscriptions.
- Available through 11/18/2016.
- Available through 6/30/2016. See additional eligibility requirements.
- Benefits not available in all languages or geographies.
- Want to see a full list of included software? Download the list of products available by subscription level.
- Need more information on software use rights? Consult the Visual Studio and MSDN licensing white paper.
- Program exclusions:
- MPN subscriptions do not include: Office 365 Developer Account, Windows Store and Windows Phone developer account, technical support incidents, priority support in MSDN forums, MSDN Online Chat and Pluralsight training.
- BizSpark subscriptions do not include: technical support incidents (4 technical support incidents per company, provisioned to the administrator), Pluralsight training, and eDevTECH SmartOffice4TFS and inteGREAT4TFS.
- DreamSpark subscriptions do not include: Pluralsight training, PowerBI Pro and eDevTECH SmartOffice4TFS and inteGREAT4TFS.
- MCT: information on MCT Developer Software and Services and MCT Software and Services subscriptions, including benefits and use rights, is available on the Microsoft Certified Trainer website.